CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ten Years Older In Just a Few Days?!?






**Just came from our church's annual junior summer camp last May 24.Just decided to drop an entry here.Hehe...Ü

Older by ten years in just a span of few days?!?(I know some of you are already thinking that I'm mad or what...But surely am not....Ü) Is it possible?!?Yep...It is...(not literally though!Haha!)

(Like indicated above) So I was saying that I just came from camp 2 weeks ago...A junior/children's camp that is...Well it's true that I'm supposed to be used to these kinds of stuff since I've been to so many and have grown up with the event itself.From a tiny-winy camper,to a junior officer,and now a senior officer...Time really flew so fast that I didn't even notice it passed by so quickly!Before I was one of those who were taken cared of.Calling all the junior and senior officers "Achie" and "Ahia" Now I'm the one being called such!Sometimes I still can't accept the fact that times has changed situations so much.But,indeed,it has cause 8 years have already gone...

This year,our camp was held at Kuhala Bay Resort, Cardona,Rizal.Among all the camps that I've been through all these years, I'm sure that this one would be memorable for me.(Not that the other weren't!Ü) It's just that this one is a bit different.

This year,I went there as a senior officer for the second time around.(I had my first time last year 2007) But it was a whole new and different experience for me this year.Kids' age range is from 8-14 as it is every year.Only that this time around,we had younger campers.Their ages ranged from 7-10(Well,most of them...) And the number of counselors and senior officers this year were quite few...So it was indeed quite a challenge for most of us.Everything had to be done "hands-on"

From day one, it was already challenging.From the travel to the activities. In fact , so many things have happened.Something with the Arts and Craft part that we couldn't push through with it that day.So we ended up doing the Games that afternoon instead.It was the first time that I got to experience making water balloons and it's not that easy!Especially if you're doing it for the first time!So I really GOT WET...LOADS OF TIMES...But eventually,I got the hang of it..Haha! It was really fun also! And since we had younger kids,they were much more active and noisy.Much harder to control or hyper---to be exact...Yes,they really were...And who can forget the ever-so-notorious building 3 Rm.7?!? Most of us were stressed but in a good way atleast...Ü
And as officers,we had to abide all the rules of the camp.Since were supposed to be the ones to set as an example to all those kids.So our every move has to be watched.Cause if anything happens to them, we would be held responsible and we wouldn't like that.Would we?Ü

This year, I was a part of the music committee, as a back-up singer.We had so many songs and some of those had actions!I'm not really good with actions so I usually resist to do them and have someone else do them for me.But this was the first time around that I was actually forced to do them!And I enjoyed it too!Haha...Miraculously perhaps...Haha...Ü (I hate dancing kc...)
And the kids were also quite demanding when it comes to entertaining them.(counselors and senior officers acting,singing or making actions is a form of entertainment for them)

Each and every task turned out to be very big and important to us.Well,for the music committee, the "Praise Night" was the biggest to accomplish.It's mainly about singing,doing actions,having fun while glorifying the Lord through songs of praise.This year's theme was "animal" or "jungle" so we had prepared animal praise songs for them and even have them do their own costume!We had them make their own masks and paint their own animal shirts!Those were what they made during the arts and crafts portion...Ü

Though it was very tiresome,all of us had a great time.This whole experience taught us so many things in life and had also made us realize how hard it was for our parents to handle and take care of us from the day we were born.Taking care of kids isn't as easy as it seems to be.PATIENCE,in particular is one of the most valuable lessons that we have learned.(I'm pretty sure all the officers agree...Ü) Even more so should we really be thankful to our parents for having taken care of us.During the camp,we eventually grew up,learn to do our duties and tasks carefully and mature.And ofcourse, in the Godly way...Finally leaving Neverland...Ü

0 comments: